You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by this multinational. The O&P North business plan to establish a world-scale Cracker (1.25mtes/a Ethylene / 50kes/a Propylene) in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2026.
This job is Madrid based for approximately 18 months and then Antwerp based.
Project One will be managed by an Integrated Program Management Team (IPMT) which consist of internal engineers and Program Management Contractor engineers. The facilities will be delivered by 4 project delivery teams, which will manage the work scopes and FEED/EPC contractors with support and oversight from the IPMT.
The Project One will ensure the plant is delivered:
- With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases
- On-time and within budget
- Total compliance with all government laws and company policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase
The purpose of the Civil Engineer is to ensure that the infrastructure installed on Project One meets National International and company standards and a deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The role reports to the Project Delivery Team Engineering Manager. The role responsibilities include:
FEED Study Role:
- To support the Project Delivery Team Engineering Manager r in the performance of his/her duties, deputising as required.
- Work closely with the Feed Contractor to ensure that all Civil Engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all Project one and statuatory requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
- Monitor all Civil Engineering design and procurement work performed by the FEED Contractors and other third party designers/vendors, providing oversight and guidance, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards
- Ensure detailed review of all FEED Contractors’ and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc for Civil aspects.
- Provide Project One Civil Engineering input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.
- Provide Project One Civil Engineering input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the company Code of Conduct
- Lead audits related to the Civil discipline of the FEED contractors and support audits from outside parties.
- Responsibilities generally as above (but now related to working with the EPC Contractor)
- Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations
- Support the EPC Contractor and vendors to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for equipment, packages and bulk material supply, auditing vendor compliance as required
- Support the EPC Contractor to develop fit-for-purpose ITPs for fabrication and construction, auditing contractor compliance as required
- Monitor vendor performance on all Civil Engineering matters, ensuring shop technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner, visiting vendor shops as appropriate
- Support the QA Manager in resolving Civil Engineering non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
- Liaise closely with the EPC Contractor personnel at the Module Fabrication Yard(s) and Construction Site on all Civil Engineering matters, ensuring yard/field technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner
- Work with the project Civil engineer to ensure that all module fabrication and construction work, system Completions and Handover, punchlisting, ensuring that all Civil Engineering work satisfies Project One specifications and standards
- Support precommissioning and commissioning, etc. as required
- Manage the relevant interface(s) with company stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is wellprepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed Civil Engineering deliverables to support training, operations and maintainance procedure development, Maintaiance Managment System population, etc.