Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Eygelshoven, Limburg Area
Working with people is NOT the same as working with motors, pumps, sensors or control panels. It takes a different set of skills. A lot of them are soft. And you know your way around running a small team of electrical and maintenance engineers.
You enjoy being the point of contact for maintenance and engineering and as usual, you can fit right into an ever changing environment. But after many years, you actually would like to work for an company that can think more “green”.
At five o’clock you make a final check to making sure that all motors, pumps, sensors or control panels are still working at the end of the day. After this, you go home in time for dinner. We intent to run a tight shift with A-Gas, but it are only day shifts.
Can you work with that? If yes, please read on!
Geplaatst op 14 maart 2023
What you’ll love about working in the Operations team at A-Gas Europe
You’ll be joining a site that has grown beyond recognition during the past 5 years. What’s more, there is still plenty of site development taking place. We’re increasing capacity and installing new plant and equipment. The CAPEX is signed off.
You’re joining us in a role previously filled by a secondee. They’ve done a great job in getting site to where it is today. The team has a good reputation and is well-respected both locally and across our wider European region.
You’re going to lead a tight-knit team of up to 4 maintenance engineers who understand each other, support each other and work well together. You’ll build on what they’ve created and find ways to ensure they are able to do their very best work.
You’ll have access to a wider team of Design Engineers based in the UK as well as our Global Engineering Director. There are plenty of opportunities to learn from one another, bounce ideas around and access the experience of others.
You’ll be part of our site management team and able to influence and collaborate on decisions which directly impact the performance of one of our most strategically important sites in Continental Europe.
Wat we van jou verwachten
Who you are
You’re an Engineer and studied in a relevant discipline – perhaps Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical – or at least have the equivalent level of practical experience.
You’ve had some experience of working on a growing site and have some exposure to things like the installation of new equipment and commissioning and the preventative maintenance of existing plant.
Sitting behind a desk is not your default position. You’re visible, talk with people and spend as much time onsite as you do at your computer.
You create an environment where people can do their best work. You trust your team. You know when to stand back and you ask them what needs to be done rather than come up with the answers. You’re also a strong believer in setting goals and can skillfully coach people along the way.
You’re adept at building relationships outside of your immediate department. You spot opportunities to help others and collaborate to achieve higher performance.
You’re not looking for everything to be perfectly in its place. You run towards the idea of creating structure and fixing things, rather than away from it.
You speak and write in fluent Dutch and you’re keen to use your advanced English language skills in your day-to-day interaction with colleagues based both onsite and in the UK.
- An Engineering degree in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical.
- Experience of working in maintenance engineering or a chemical processing environment.
- Industrial safety experience including working at height legislation
- Contract management experience (Maintenance)
- Team management or team leader experience.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Excel, Project and a CMMS.
Nice to have
- An excellent understanding of the pressurized equipment directive and its requirements
- Experience in maintaining high pressure gas systems.
- Have a detailed understanding of relevant industry standards TPED, SIL, COMPEX etc.
- Understanding of chemical processing technique such as fractional distillation
- PLC / HMI program experience
- Forklift and MEWP license
- Experience of pressurized liquefied gas systems
- C&G 2079 F-Gas certificate, category 1 and 2
- Electrical or mechanical apprenticeship
What you’ll get in return
- We offer a competitive salary (76.000 euro to 85.000 euro)
- Help us achieve company goals and you’ll enjoy an annual bonus of up to 12% of your salary.
- 30 vacation days a year, It’s important that our team have time away from work to relax.
- You’ll get a paid day off to support a community project or charity of your choice.
- We’ll invite you to annual events during the summer and at Christmas
- An internal wellbeing program for employees
- You’ll open a door to wider career opportunities across Europe and the World.
- You’ll be joining an award-winning business, crowned as an Amazon ScaleUp business in 2020 and recognized for two consecutive years running as Employer of the Year at the Business Leader Awards.
Over de organisatie
And who are we….?
We’re A-Gas, a global gases business with a purpose to protect and enhance the environment, by reducing global warming gases and preventing their release into the atmosphere. We have ambition to grow our environmental services across the Globe in support of our purpose.
We’re backed by a private equity partner renowned for their patient and disciplined approach. Which means huge opportunity for the people in our business.
People like you. What are you waiting for?
Apply today and let’s start talking about how you can help us further develop.
If you need some further information, please feel free to contact corporate recruiter Robert at 06- 55 444409
Op de vacature Engineering and Maintenance Manager