The Process Engineer will be working for the Tilburg Scent business unit which consists out of 2 departments. The department with primary focus is Liquid compounding.
Here a variety of fragrance compounds are manufactured which are used in several final product, like; fine fragrance, cosmetics, laundry detergents etc. IFF does not manufacture final costumer products and only produces intermediates that are further processed by our customers.
The second department is Encapsulation where fragrances are processed into a delivery system to control its release profile in various stages of usage. These products are used in fabric softeners, laundry detergents and cosmetics.
Both departments are operating in a 3-shift system where the liquid compounding team is consisting out of 100 employees and the encapsulation team of 20 employees. The engineering position is within the office hours.
In this position you are primarily responsible for identification and execution off process and equipment improvements with the goal to release capacity, improve quality and reduce costs. The engineer will pro-actively seek opportunities that are data driven and makes use of statistical data analysis. The changes will be implemented in Tilburg Scent Operations that contains fragrance compounding and encapsulated fragrances manufacturing.
The secondary responsibility is the technical support of the Scent division in relation to product non-conformities.
In this role you will:
- Analyze current procedures and processes based on product/production problems, stagnations or based on input from operations team.
- Conduct feasibility studies, determine project requirement / specifications and write/determine project scope. Preparing CAPEX requests and identify the required recourses.
- Lead small to middle CAPEX investment projects or actively participate as team member.
- Monitor and control the project executions (timelines, budget and quality)
- Handover executed improvements and changes to Operations. Prepare SOP's, instructions and training for operators and supervisors.
- Analyze, document, and report the efficiency and result of the executed improvement.
- Responsible for all activities related to identification, implementation, and verification
- of process and equipment improvements
- Responsible for engineering and execution of small to medium capital projects, such as equipment improvements, system modifications and new equipment installations in operations
- Provide technical support to operations in areas such as data collection and statistical
- analyses. Supporting trouble shooting and root cause analyses
- Support and participate in continuous improvement programs