You will function mainly as E&I design engineer on small to intermediate sized multidiscipline projects. Most of the tasks are related to scope optimizing, front-end loading (feed) and construction packages which include equipment and labor specification, evaluating technical documents, detailed design, as-built preparation and technical support. You will perform your tasks within a team but need to be able to work independent and show leadership and flexibility in your role.
The engineering department works closely together with an engineering partner in Chennai (India), and there for you need to be able to leverage and discuss tasks with colleagues in English language.
Key responsibilities include:
- Field verifications for detailed engineering and as-builts;
- Sizing / selection / validating (low voltage) electrical feeders and equipment, such as motors, variable frequency drives (VFD), uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), rectifiers / charger’s panels, electrical tracing and corresponding cables and components;
- Basic design for instrumentation and related electrical and control components, including P&ID checks, block & loop diagrams, instrument data sheets and IO lists;
- Sizing / selection / validating process instrumentation and corresponding hook-ups;
- Sizing / selection / validating control and automated block valves;
- Vendor document validation;
- Design and engineering according to Dow, national and international codes and regulations;
- Using environmental, safety and loss prevention principles;
- Providing input for cost estimates;
- Contact for client and partners for technical questions and participation in (inter)discipline and project meetings;
- Sharing and guiding work for projects executed by external engineering companies and Dow’s Central Engineering Center – Chennai (India).