Manage and organize all activities of the Fragrance Encapsulation department in the Tilburg Facility in order to ensure that safety, customer service, quality, productivity, volume, material usage and related cost objectives are achieved or exceeded in alignment with IFF standards and policies by assuring that adequate management systems and resources are in place and utilized effectively. Motivate, develop and coach subordinates as key to achieve the best results.
Direct reports: 8-15 Total employees under your overall supervision: 15-20 employees
- Active, hands on management of the Production Site Fragrances organization and all their respective activities in Tilburg.
- Alignment of production activities with all cross functional departments (Logistics, Supply Chain, EHS&S, Quality, Finance, Engineering, HR and Procurement).
- Propose and execute agreed strategy regarding manning levels in order to ensure that adequate work resources and organization is in place.
- Plan and organize communication within the Encapsulation department to foster employee involvement, to build awareness on company goals, strategies, values, policies and procedures and to ensure timely and correct information flow.
- As required take participation in departmental, cross-departmental and IFF projects in order to ensure the effective implementation and adequate coverage of business processes and needs.
- Implementing best practices and projects that lead to and support world-class manufacturing environments.
- Provide leadership and guidance to develop and optimize a superior production organization with a focus on Safety, OTP, Quality, Cost, Sustainability and Continuous Improvement.
- Lead and support root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities that drive improved operational performance.
- Contribute to the development of global standards and procedures.
- Ensure all safety procedures and guidelines are adhered to
- Effectively and locally deal with employee issues which arise and ensure consistent interpretation and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Mentor and develop subordinate leaders.
- Manage the performance of personnel to improve overall productivity