As Proposal Engineer Naval Systems, you are responsible for the preparation of commercial and technical proposals for international and national governmental end customers. You will work in a multi-disciplinary proposal team and guide and coordinate the technical and commercial activities for new ship designs, maintenance or refits in sensor, weapons, command and control systems. This will result into an integration of systems into a naval combat suite and winning proposals within planning and budgets. As Proposal Engineer Naval Systems, you will work under the guidance of a proposal manager.
As Proposal Engineer Naval Systems, you will:
- Manage and prepare a naval combat suite proposal in line with customer expectations, on time and within budget.
- Deliver a capacity planning, including required internal hours and costs before executing a proposal response.
- Ensure that customer requirements are translated into a workable, well-balanced and optimized design and/or support solution.
- Provide coordination to design engineers and other team members in the proposal process.
- Prepare all required design documents, calculations, drawings and other relevant documents.
- Coordinate and provide an adequate and correct technical definition and a specification consistent with the estimated cost and master planning.
- Support the preparation of different plans as required in the proposal ensuring their consistency, which includes: Master Planning, Building Strategy and Management Plans.
- Consult other departments for information, alignment and optimal project results.
- Support and revise the cost calculation ensuring accuracy, completeness and adequate reflection of the technical specification and planned project execution.
- Provide support in discussions with customers on design, solutions, specifications and other relevant support.