Shift Leader 3 shifts | Starbucks | Amsterdam
Are you an experienced Shift Leader? Do you get energy from managing production teams and do you believe in performing together? Join us at the Amsterdam Roasting Plant and contribute to Starbuck's success!
About Starbucks Amsterdam Roasting Plant
The Starbucks Experience begins in the Amsterdam roastery. Here we roast and package coffee and tea plus distribute all additives to our licensees for the entire EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) in a world-class production environment. Our mission is to create a World Class Manufacturing site, focused on continuous improvement and LEAN manufacturing principles to produce the best quality coffee, improve reliability, and increase our capacity to support our growing business.
The manufacturing operations team is responsible for the green coffee processing, roasting, packaging, and shipping of Starbucks coffee for customers in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region. The team in the Amsterdam Roasting Plant is the single source in EMEA and responsible to meet the daily shipping schedule.
Geplaatst op 2 maart 2023
As a Shift Leader you contribute to Starbucks success by managing the entire shift team and operation to produce safely, the finest quality coffee and packed product as defined in the schedule. As problems arise you prioritize production, decide on actions, escalate for support from expert functions and communicate plans and progress against targets. The Shift Leader models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles by being the champions of a continuous improvement culture and continually seeking to improve processes and standards on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Furthermore, the Shift leader:
- Acts as official company representative accountable for partners and assets in the ARP site during a shift;
- Plans labor resources to ensure production volume and maintenance in schedule is met and compliance to daily, weekly and monthly processes e.g., safety and quality audits, training, thermal cleans and other cleaning, inventory management, plant meetings, holiday planning. Enforces a multiskilled team by providing structures, resources, and support for trainings. On daily and longer-term basis;
- Creates labor model (long term), looking at the capability requirements for the upcoming years. Ensures that the model is staffed by leading the hiring process and retaining talent in the company;
- Completes shift handover with other plant supervisors, including operational observation and handover of incomplete tasks to next shift. Ensures shift teams are briefed on objectives for the shift, targets, and any issues to be monitored. Ensures shift handover between functional team members is completed;
- Reports and controls operational performance for the plant, including plant throughput, schedule compliance, operational cost control;
- Builds effective relationships with the manufacturing plant team (national/international), the (cross-functional) leadership team, and external stakeholders. Supports engineering projects, including impact analysis for manufacturing operations, implementation, and training programs;
- Responsible for designing effective budget models and forecast future budget needs. Performs administration in several system, such as ERP system, Inventory management system.
In this role you report directly to the Operations Manager.
Wat we van jou verwachten
- Manufacturing operational and/or engineering experience;
- >3 years of experience in a leadership position;
- Bachelor or Master degree (preferred);
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in English, both in written and oral;
- Operational knowledge of Dutch is preferred;
- Experience of managing continuous improvement using TPM/LEAN/Six Sigma techniques;
- Understanding of food safety standards (e.g. HACCP, BRC, IFS, FSSC 22000);
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP / WMS systems.
In return, we'll offer you a good salary as well as benefits including:
• A 12-month contract. If we are happy to work with each other, an indefinite contract will follow;
• Free bag of coffee each week and a 30% partner discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise;
• 10% bonus;
• 25 days holiday a year;
• Pension plan (personal contribution is only 1.5%, we pay the rest);
• Life assurance provide a lump sum for your family should the worst happen;
• Bean stock option: share in the financial success of the company through shares of Starbucks stock.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then quickly apply at the bottom of this vacancy or contact me or my colleague Tim van der Laan.
firstname.lastname@example.org 06 - 51695375
Tim van der Laan
email@example.com | 06- 57887550
Op de vacature Shift Leader 3 shifts | Starbucks | Amsterdam