As Technical Specification Engineer you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Marine Engineering. You can be involved from the first proposal until final delivery. You will works, during the execution of the project in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the required engineering output. Implements technical and practical knowledge into the design and takes care all relevant data is stored accurately in the PDM-system. As Technical Specification Engineer you will contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, reviewed supplier’s documentation, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test and validation plans.
As Technical Specification Engineer you are responsible for:
- Setting up of (functional) technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Performing technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies.
- Engaging in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system; (providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation).
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation; (i.e. mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.).
- Integration of delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies and owner.
- Providing input and updates for the engineering database; (i.e. purchase orders, parts, metadata, documentation).
- Performing s required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Composing technical/functional specification documents; (i.e. System Description Statements, HAT and SAT procedures).
- Verifying technical performance of products and systems; (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s).
- Offering technical support for commissioning activities.
- Ensuring good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participating in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Contributing to the further development of the engineering department.