Allround Operator | 3 shifts | Starbucks - Amsterdam Westpoort
Starbucks has a production site in the port of Amsterdam since 2003. Few people know Starbucks roasts millions of kilos of coffee per year here. Due to increasing production Starbucks is looking for All-round Operators in 3 shifts!
Would you like to work in a company where colleagues are not seen as employees but more as partners? Then read on quickly.
Geplaatst op 24 maart 2023
Within Starbucks, there are 3 departments where Operators work:
Green Coffee Loading
Green coffee is loaded into the production system. The coffee arrives at this department on pallets. On each pallet there are bags with beans, which are then opened so the beans can pass through sieves to remove dust, sand and twigs. When the beans are labeled as "clean" they may go to the weighing scales, from where the beans go into the roasting machines where the beans are roasted. Because the bags must be emptied, it is important in this department that you have a good physical condition.
The green coffee is roasted to the Starbucks roasting curves. To provide the coffee with its unique taste, there are various systems that monitor this entire process. As Operator within 'Roasting' you are responsible for monitoring all data on various screens from the control room. Are there any deviations to be seen? Then you and your colleagues will set to work to solve this as soon as possible. Because this process and the various programs can not be learned in one day, you will especially in the beginning look along with the other Operators.
The roasted coffee is packaged here for the various Starbucks locations and/or supermarkets. Orders are prepared on pallets, sealed and prepared for shipment using a forklift and reach truck. Because of the light administrative work and working according to order, it is necessary that you can read and write sufficient Dutch.
As an All-round Operator you need to be employable at at least two of the above places and if necessary you will be trained internally (or externally) to be able to work at a third place as well, so you have knowledge of the entire process and you are therefore multi-employable.
Work and responsibilities within the above departments:
- CLEAR COMMUNICATION WITH THE SUPERVISORS ABOUT IRREGULARITIES IN THE MACHINES (BOTH ENGLISH AND DUTCH)
- WORKING ACCORDING TO GMP & HACCP GUIDELINES
- MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT AND CLEANING
- TAKING CARE OF THE PRODUCT ADMINISTRATION, PROCEDURES, FORMS, OPL'S (PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE) AND make sure THESE ARE REVISED/UPDATED
- PERFORMING INSPECTIONS OF INCOMING GOODS
- PERFORMING PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE ON THE ROASTER
- OPERATING THE ADVANCED COFFEE ROASTING SYSTEM (ACRS) ON ROASTING THEORY, ROASTING PARAMETERS.
- OPERATING THE PACKAGING MACHINE, CASE PACKER AND PALLET WRAPPER
- ENSURING PACKAGING AND LABELING MEET QUALITY STANDARDS
- REPLENISHING STOCK OF BOXES, PACKING MATERIALS, PALLETS ETC.
- LOADING AND UNLOADING OF TRAILERS.
- GOOD SALARY BETWEEN € 2.200 AND € 3.000,- GROSS PER MONTH (EXCLUDING SHIFTWORK BONUS OF 23,68%)
- ACCRUED PENSION
- TRAVEL ALLOWANCE
- STARBUCKS OFFERS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO FOLLOW TRAINING COURSES
- A LAPTOP!!! STARBUCKS BELIEVES THAT EVERY 'PARTNER' SHOULD FINALLY BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE
- FREE 2 BAGS OF COFFEE THAT YOU CAN TAKE HOME EVERY WEEK! AND WE'RE GOING TO TELL YOU NOW; YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FINISH THIS ON YOUR OWN
The application process:
When we've received your resume and motivation we will contact you, usually within 1 working day. We will discuss your previous work experience(s) and/or education(s) over the phone or in a video call and if we are still interested (and of course you are) we will introduce you to the company.
By now you have been introduced to the company and invited for your first interview. To properly assess whether you're a right fit for Starbucks, we've scheduled a first interview for you. The first meeting is usually with an HR representative and one of the supervisors. Do you like what you see? Then the second interview with a guided tour will be scheduled.
You will receive an invitation from Procestechniek by e-mail with all the information about where and with whom you are having an appointment. This e-mail will also contain a few tips on how to prepare for your interviews.
Second interview with guided tour
You have passed the first selection and have been invited for a second interview, this time including a tour where you will get to know some new colleagues and see what they do precisely. The second interview will be with one or more supervisors. After the tour, you head to the beautiful Starbucks canteen for, of course, a good cup of coffee or tea and we (usually) receive response within 2 to 3 working days.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then quickly apply at the bottom of this vacancy or contact me or my colleague Tim van der Laan.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
Starbucks is particularly looking for motivated Operators who want to enjoy going to work. Furthermore you've got:
- A COMPLETED MBO LEVEL 3/4 DEGREE OR A COMPLETED VAPRO A/B DEGREE
- KNOWLEDGE OF GMP AND HACCP STANDARDS
- EXPERIENCE AS AN OPERATOR IN THE PRODUCTION TECHNIQUE AND/OR INDUSTRY
- PASSION FOR TECHNOLOGY AND ESPECIALLY AFFINITY WITH FOOD
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN WORD AND WRITING (DUTCH AND/OR ENGLISH)
Op de vacature Allround Operator | 3 shifts | Starbucks - Amsterdam Westpoort